In my last blog post, I touched on what to consider before building out your new keyword list in Google Adwords. It is now time to discuss some great, free tools to help you find high quality keywords.
Google Keyword Planner
If you're kicking off your first Adwords campaign, Google Keyword Planner is a great place to start. The tool is made by Google, tied into the Adwords platform, and provides great metrics to back up why you should or shouldn't add certain keywords to your campaign/ad groups.
Of course, in order to use this tool you will have to sign up for AdWords, but you can access the tool without creating any campaigns.
How to use (for quick use in an existing campaign/ad group):
- Click on the campaign you want to add new keywords to
- Click on the ad group you want to add new keywords to
- Click on the + Keywords button highlighted in red
- Utilize the Keyword Planner bank of suggested ideas to the right
- Click “Add” to add in a suggested Keyword Planner keyword
- Once finished, click save and the keywords you selected from the Keyword Planner tool will be added to your ad group
About the author
Tom has worked in digital marketing since he started his career over a decade ago, working across the project and account side of the business.